Friday, August 24, 2012

May Hike

Richard and I got a little stircrazy back in May, and decided we would take a dayhike as part of our Anniversary celebration.  So, we drove to a state park, prepped ourselves with water, and were on our way!



Caleb was very excited to go, and kept running back to get me as I would stop to take pictures along the way.  We heard "Let's go!" and "Come on!" a lot that day. :)



The wildflowers were blooming along the trail, and bumblebees were taking advantage of all that pollen!

More wildflowers!








You can't really see it very well, but Caleb is laughing because he was walking through some tall grass, and it tickled him.



On our way home from our hike we got some nice views of Mt. Hood.

Random point of interest along our trip.  Somebody(ies) built a full scale replica of Stonehenge, and  dedicated it to those who were from Washington and served in the World Wars, I believe. It was kind of cool to see it since I probably won't ever get to see the real thing.

So, that was our trip! We had a fun time seeing a bit more of Washington state, and curing our travel hunger pains for a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment