Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter Tree


I had thought it might be fun to make an Easter tree this year, and decorate it with pictures of Christ, words that relate to the Atonement, and maybe a few plastic Easter eggs for color. I had it planned for this last Friday to make as a family activity. Well, as it so often happens, life gets in the way, and we spent Friday and Saturday building our garden, and getting Richard packed for his trip to South Carolina, instead. So, realizing there was only two weeks until Easter, and being determined to get some sort of festive decoration up for this holiday, unlike other ones, Caleb and I made the Easter tree for Family Home Evening tonight. All we got were the plastic eggs on, seeing as how I hadn't had time to collect the other decorations I wanted, and I consoled myself that they would be fine for this year. Then I found this Easter tree idea from one of my favorite blogs. They did what I would like to do, and all the pictures and stuff are right there! All I gotta do is print everything off! Maybe tomorrow we'll finish that tree.


Caleb says, "Alright, everyone... let's get started!"

This picture is probably only interesting to me, but I couldn't leave it out. I let Caleb put an egg back together after I had strung the fishing line through the top part. He worked and worked at it until he pronounced it "DONE!" I just didn't have the heart to fix it.

Now that we've put the grass on, it's time to take it back off, right?

Ta Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment