Friday, September 24, 2010

Feeding Turtles?




So, who here has ever heard of going to a park to feed turtles? Ducks, yes. Turtles, no. When Marnee, Richard's sister-in-law, suggested we go, I couldn't wrap my mind around such an idea. I thought these turtles would have to be in cages for us to be able to feed them because how else would one be able to find these turtles, let alone feed them. However, I was assured that it was just like feeding ducks, so away we went! And it was just like feeding ducks, right down to taking bread with us.

I had been told that turtles like water, but it had never really sunk in until I saw these little critters happily swimming around. I also never knew that they didn't mind dirty water, but apparently they are just fine with the mud as evidenced by the pictures...


These little guys seemed like they were posing just for me



There seemed to be a war between the ducks and the turtles over the bread. I think the turtles were winning, though. It's hard to swim anywhere when there are snapping and soft-shelled turtles biting at your legs!



Little did the turtles know there was a saboteur in their midst, diverting some of their food for himself.



In a part of the park there was a conservation/education center. I really liked this quote they had there.

Gives us something to think about, don't ya think?





























































No comments:

Post a Comment